The Gary Roberts High Performance Centre offers a One-of-a-Kind Off-Season Training Program for Elite and Professional Hockey Players.
- Three-Phased Customized Training Program
- Nutritional Guidance
- Professional Coaching
These elements are seamlessly integrated to help players achieve their full potential through a holistic and professional approach to health, optimal performance and longevity in hockey.
The Score: 2011 Elite OFFSEASON
The Training Program:
- Initial assessment of the player to determine strengths and weaknesses and to establish a baseline training level to build off of
- A three-phased customized training program with re-evaluations throughout the summer to track progress
- 5-6 training sessions per week including strength and specialty training workouts at the Gary Roberts High Performance Centre and speed/agility workouts at the track.
- Nike Training package (apparel and footwear)
- BioSteel supplements during and after each workout
- 10 on-site massage and stretching sessions with Tony Scott
- Quality spring water provided during workout
- A take-away program for body maintenance throughout the hockey season
- Private Locker Room and daily Laundry Service provided
- Customized nutritional information package developed by Gary Roberts
- Meal planning, high performance recipes and education
- Daily Gary Roberts post workout MEALS POWERED BY BERETTA
Athletes will train daily with Master Trainer and former NHL player Gary Roberts in his High Performance Centre
“Gary had an illustrious career and went through a lot in his years in the NHL,” said Dallas Stars GM and former teammate Joe Nieuwendyk. “He overcame two neck surgeries and maintained his level of effort no matter what the circumstance. We feel that he will help our young players understand what it takes to be a true professional.”
Gary Roberts is a 23 year NHL veteran and Stanley Cup winner with 1224 games played, 2560 penalty minutes and ranked 14th all-time in scoring for a left-winger (438 goals and 472 assists for 910). Since his retirement after the 2008-2009 season, Gary has become a leader in high performance training and sports nutrition for athletes. Now with the Gary Roberts High Performance Centre located in the Fitness Institute, Gary works with both Junior and Professional athletes to help them achieve their full physical potential.
Testing and program design with Lorne Goldenberg:
Lorne brings extensive experience in the area of peak performance training with professional and elite amateur athletes. He worked with several NHL teams, most recently as the Montreal Canadians Strength & Conditioning Coach, helping bring the team to the Stanley Cup finals. He also trained teams such as the Panthers, the Senators, the Ottawa Rough Riders, the St. Louis Blues, the Chicago Blackhawks, the Quebec Nordiques, the Colorado Avalanche, the Windsor Spitfires, Owen Sound Attack, and Ottawa 67′s.
Massage Treatments with Tony Scott:
Tony has been a practicing RMT for over 10 years, specializing in sports massage therapy and injury prevention. Tony has been a therapist for the Toronto Maple Leafs and the Toronto Blue Jays as well as athletes from many other NHL, MLB and NFL Teams. Through his experience at both National and International levels, he has worked with many elite amateur and Olympic athletes as they pursued excellence and athletic success in their individual sports.
May 14 – 25, 2012: Conditioning workouts with Tony Scott
May 28 – June 1, 2012: Testing and Program Development
June 4 – August 25: Elite Program Duration
For more information on the program please contact:
Danielle Visconti, Personal Assistant to Gary Roberts at 416 498 6472 or at email@example.com
Click here for a printer friendly version of the program.
2011 Elite Off-Season Progam